Sports Anti-Doping Rules
The Sports Anti-Doping Rules
Most national sports organisations in this country have adopted New Zealand's Sports Anti-Doping Rules (SADRs). The SADRs give effect to the World Anti-Doping Code in New Zealand.
The rules apply to anyone who is a member of - or who participates in - a sport that has adopted or agreed to the SADRs regardless of level of competition, age or role. They apply to athletes, as well as coaches, administrators and support personnel.
Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs)
The rule violations
- Presence of a prohibited substance, or its metabolites or markers, in an athlete’s sample;
- Use or attempted use of a prohibited substance or method by an athlete;
- Evasion of doping control or refusal to provide a sample;
- Failure of Registered Testing Pool athlete to meet Whereabouts requirements three times within a 12-month period;
- Tampering with any part of the doping control process by an athlete or other person*;
- Possession of prohibited substances or methods by an athlete or support person;
- Trafficking or attempted trafficking of a prohibited substance or method by an athlete or other person;
- Administration or attempted administration of a prohibited substance or method by an athlete or other person;
- Complicity with or attempt to cover up an anti-doping rule violation by an athlete or other person;
- Knowing association by an athlete or other person with someone in a sporting capacity who has been found guilty of an anti-doping rule violation;
- Discouragement of, or retaliation against someone for, reporting doping or suspected doping by an athlete or other person.
* ’Other person’ refers to a person, entity or organisation. See Sports Anti-Doping Rules 2022 for details.
Ngā takahitanga patu pūroi
- Te takatika mō te whakamahi pūroi rāhui;
- Te whakamahi, te ngana rānei ki te whakamahi i tētahi pūroi rāhui, ngā whakamahinga rānei;
- Te karo whakamātautau, te meko rānei i tōna whakapūauau;
- Te kore whakamōhio tika i āu nekehanga, ka mahue rānei ngā whakamātautau e 3 i ngā marama 12 (mēnā he Registered Testing Pool Athlete Koe);
- Te raweke wāhanga o te takunga whakahaere patu pūroi;
- Te mau i ngā matū rāhui, ngā whakamahinga rānei;
- Te kawe toropuku, te ngana rānei kia kawe toropuku i ngā matū me ngā whakamahinga rāhui;
- Te whāngai i te matū rāhui, i ngā whakamahinga rānei;
- te takune mahi māminga ki te takahi ture patu pūroi, te ngana rānei e tangata kē ki te takahi ture;
- Te whakahoahoa ki tētahi, i tō mahi hākinakina, e mōhio ana koe kua hāmenetia mō te takahi i ngā ture patu pūroi;
- E kore e taea e ngā kaitākaro me ētahi atu tāngata, te whakapāhunu i te tangata mō te kōrero e pā ana ki te kai pūroi, kia kaua hoki rātou e whakahāweatia ki te pēnei hoki.