Sports Anti-Doping Rules
The Sports Anti-Doping Rules
Most national sports organisations in this country have adopted or agreed to New Zealand's Sports Anti-Doping Rules (SADRs). The SADRs give effect to the World Anti-Doping Code in New Zealand.
The rules apply to anyone who is a member of - or who participates in - a sport that has adopted or agreed to the SADRs regardless of level of competition, age or role. The rules apply to athletes, as well as coaches, administrators and support personnel.
You can download the full set of rules here: New Zealand Sports Anti-Doping Rules 2021 (PDF)
Anti-Doping Rule Violations (ADRVs)
To stay on the right side of the rules, you must avoid breaking the rules. There are 11 key ways to break the rules, and they are known as the anti-doping rule violations (ADVRs)
You can read a summary of what you should not do below, in English and te reo Māori.
The rule violations
- Test positive for a prohibited substance
- Use or attempt to use a prohibited substance or method
- Evade testing or refuse to provide a sample
- Fail to meet whereabouts requirements three times within a 12 month period (if you’re a Registered Testing Pool athlete)
- Tamper with any part of the doping control process
- Possess prohibited substances or methods
- Traffick or attempt to traffick a prohibited substance or method
- Administer a prohibited substance or method
- Cover up an anti-doping rule violation
- Knowingly associate with someone, in a sporting capacity, who has been found guilty of an anti-doping rule violation.
- Discourage or retaliate against someone for reporting doping or suspected doping.
Ngā takahitanga patu pūroi
- Te takatika mō te whakamahi pūroi rāhui;
- Te whakamahi, te ngana rānei ki te whakamahi i tētahi pūroi rāhui, ngā whakamahinga rānei;
- Te karo whakamātautau, te meko rānei i tōna whakapūauau;
- Te kore whakamōhio tika i āu nekehanga, ka mahue rānei ngā whakamātautau e 3 i ngā marama 12 (mēnā he Registered Testing Pool Athlete Koe);
- Te raweke wāhanga o te takunga whakahaere patu pūroi;
- Te mau i ngā matū rāhui, ngā whakamahinga rānei;
- Te kawe toropuku, te ngana rānei kia kawe toropuku i ngā matū me ngā whakamahinga rāhui;
- Te whāngai i te matū rāhui, i ngā whakamahinga rānei;
- te takune mahi māminga ki te takahi ture patu pūroi, te ngana rānei e tangata kē ki te takahi ture;
- Te whakahoahoa ki tētahi, i tō mahi hākinakina, e mōhio ana koe kua hāmenetia mō te takahi i ngā ture patu pūroi;
- E kore e taea e ngā kaitākaro me ētahi atu tāngata, te whakapāhunu i te tangata mō te kōrero e pā ana ki te kai pūroi, kia kaua hoki rātou e whakahāweatia ki te pēnei hoki.