Educator - Wellington-based.
We have an exciting opportunity in the Wellington region for a new Educator to join the DFSNZ education team. As an external contractor to DFSNZ, you will be required to deliver seminar presentations to elite-level, national and development athletes as well as interactive workshops to secondary school students. You will be required to present content provided by DFSNZ and work is on as-required basis. On occasion, you may also be required to attend an event and run an outreach stand.
As a contractor, you will be paid per seminar. On average, you will deliver 30 seminars per year.
Benefits and perks
This role provides the opportunity to educate athletes and support personnel and gain a unique insight into various sporting environments.
As a contractor, this role provides the freedom to incorporate this work around other commitments you may have.
Skills and experience
We are seeking a confident, personable individual who is passionate about clean sport. The ideal candidate will be a current or former athlete who has experience in delivering seminars. You will need to have confidence to present to large audiences and the ability to engage with a wide range of athletes across a variety of settings. You will need to have flexibility to be available during the day, evenings and weekends.
- Education delivery experience
- Available to work during the day, weekends and evenings as requested
- Passionate about clean sport and anti-doping
- Hold a valid driver's licence and have access to your own vehicle
- Organised and efficient
- Over 20 years of age
- Has initiative and the ability to adapt presentation style at short notice
- A current or former athlete
- Experience in working with youth
- Interested or involved in sport
- Current First Aid certificate