Contract workers: Chaperones, Auckland.
Drug Free Sport NZ is looking for doping control chaperones based in Auckland. This is a part-time contract role. Drug Free Sport NZ conducts testing across more than 50 sports, which have agreed to NZ's Sports Anti-Doping Rules. Testing can take place at an event, training or at an athletes home.
Your role will be to notify athletes of their selection for doping-control, chaperone the athletes until the test mission is complete and to witness the passing of the sample (from the athlete).
You will be working under the guidance of other contract staff, in particular the Doping Control Officer (DCO). The DCO will contact you regarding working opportunities.
The work is very part time and most work will occur after hours and on weekends. However, if you are available mid-week and during the day, then there will be more opportunities for you. The work is paid by the hour.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to demonstrate respectful and professional behaviour
- Ability to follow procedures, directions and instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Ability to work in stressful situations
- Ability to quickly and effectively solve problems
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to Athlete emotions
- Ability to deal with high profile Athletes and Athlete Support Personnel
- Aware of, and comfortable with, the responsibilities of a Chaperone
- Interest in / passion for sport.
- Available to work flexible hours.
Please contact: Mike Delaney Programme Manager – Testing
PH: +64 9 582 0388