We have an exciting opportunity in Waikato for a new Educator to join the DFSNZ education team. As an external contractor to DFSNZ, you will facilitate workshops to elite, national and development level athletes and their support personnel. You will also facilitate values-based workshops in secondary schools. You will facilitate content provided by DFSNZ and work on an as-required basis. On occasion, you may also be asked to facilitate Outreach Programmes at various sporting events.
We are seeking a confident, personable individual who is passionate about clean sport. The ideal candidate will be a current or former athlete who has experience in workshop delivery. You will need to have the confidence to present to large audiences and the ability to engage with a wide range of athletes across a variety of settings. You must have flexibility to be available during the day, evenings and weekends. It is preferred that the successful candidate can occasionally travel overnight to deliver workshops regionally. It is likely you will present approximately 25 workshops per annum.
• Previous experience in education and public speaking
• Availability to work during the day, weekends and evenings as requested
• Passion for clean sport and anti-doping
• A current driver’s licence and access to your own vehicle
• Self-organisation and efficient communication skills
• Over 20 years of age
• The initiative and ability to adapt methods of delivery to suit specific target audiences at short notice
• A current or former athlete
• Experience working with youth and athletes
• Interest in sport and clean competition
If you are interested in this role, please apply via Seek.co.nz here.
Applications close Sunday August 25th at 5pm.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kristin Farrell –email@example.com