Doping Control Officer (Sports Anti-Dopng)
If you’re passionate about clean sport, Drug Free Sport New Zealand is currently looking for Doping Control Officers to service the Auckland area.
The Doping Control Officer (DCO) is responsible for testing athletes out in the field – collecting urine samples, blood samples or both.
This role would suit someone who likes to work their own hours or is looking for extra income on top of their current employment. You must be available to work early mornings, evenings and weekends. Flexibility to work during the day is also desirable. Once a DCO has accepted a test mission offered by DFSNZ, they are then responsible for managing the overall testing process. This includes:
- Preparing testing equipment;
- Organising the support team as required (chaperones and blood collection officers);
- Liaising with sport officials and/or team managers;
- Processing the athletes' sample collection and test paperwork;
- Arranging the transport of samples; and
- Reporting back to DFSNZ.
Skills and experience
To be considered for the role you need to demonstrate
- A friendly but professional demeanour;
- Good attention to detail;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to maintain confidential information;
- Ability to work under stress and resolve conflict;
- Sensitivity in dealing with high profile athletes.
An interest in or passion for sport is also desirable.
You must be at least 20 years of age, hold a valid driver's licence and have access to your own vehicle. Morning, evening and weekend availability is essential. Flexibility to work during the daytime is preferred but not essential.
For more information about this role contact email@example.com.
How to Apply
Please submit via the Seek website https://www.seek.co.nz/job/39755295?searchrequesttoken=ea1c95b0-7032-4df6-9b13-8fc019b8cb68&type=standard including a current CV and cover letter telling us why you are right for this role.
Applications close 5.00pm, Friday 6 September 2019.