WADA’s 2019 Prohibited List now in force
WADA has now published the 2019 Prohibited List.This came into force on January 1, 2019.
Points to note:
• There are very few changes likely to impact on athletes use of common medicines.
• The associated summary of modifications document is the easiest way to check for changes.
• In all cases athletes must insist that anyone prescribing or administering medications check against the current Prohibited List but also take into account any change which may occur in the new year.
• Examples of metabolites and isomers were simplified. Many metabolites were removed as they have multiple names and aren’t printed on supplement information.
• A few substance names were changed and are now noted under their International Non-proprietary Name (single name for worldwide standards). For example; Ostarine is now listed as Enobosarm.
• Some titles were changed to more accurately describe the substances within these classes.
Please click on the links below for more information or contact Drug Free Sport New Zealand on 0800 DRUGFREE