What is clean sport?
A culture of clean sport means that sport remains fair and competitive. It allows no room for cheats who seek to enhance their performance by taking drugs or using banned methods.
Clean sport means athletes:
- compete on a level playing field.
- are rewarded for their hard-work, talent and skills
- value the spirit of sport
- respect and look after their bodies and their health
- follow the anti-doping rules
- understand the importance of a drug testing regime to catch cheats and protect clean competitors.
If you are competing at a high level either nationally or internationally, clean sport means you need to understand the anti-doping rules and what you need to do to ensure your sport remains clean.