Tips on updating whereabouts information
When you’re first assigned to the National Testing Pool (NTP) or Registered Testing Pool (RTP) the requirements for the athlete whereabouts system may seem arduous.
Try to make logging your whereabouts part of your regular routine, then it will simply become a part of your everyday life.
Here’s our advice on updating your whereabouts information:
- mark your calendar (either in your phone, on your computer, or in your diary) with the date your quarterly whereabouts updates are due
- set an alarm on your phone to go off before your quarterly whereabouts updates are due to remind you to log them
- make sure your partner, family, and close friends know about your whereabouts obligations so that they can remind you
- let your coach know about your whereabouts requirements and ask him or her to help you comply
- keep your one-hour timeslot and location constant where possible
- let your friends and family know what your one-hour timeslot and location is so that they can remind you to be there if you forget
- set a phone alarm to remind you to be in the correct location for your one-hour timeslot
- make sure Drug Free Sport NZ has your up-to-date email and telephone number so that we can get in touch with you quickly if there are any issues
- contact Drug Free Sport NZ if you need help or advice.