What is clean sport?
It doesn’t matter whether you’re just beginning in sport or you’re an elite athlete competing on the international stage – clean sport matters!
A culture of clean sport means that sport is fair and competitive. It allows no room for cheats who seek to enhance their performance by taking drugs or using banned methods.
Clean sport means athletes:
- compete on a level playing field.
- are rewarded for their hard-work, talent and skills
- value the spirit of sport
- respect and look after their bodies and their health
- follow the anti-doping rules
- understand the importance of a drug testing regime to catch cheats and protect clean athletes.
If you’re an athlete just starting out you need to understand and respect the key elements of clean sport. You can find out more in these pages.
If you’re competing at a higher level either nationally or internationally, you have certain responsibilities you need to fulfil to help keep your sport clean and drug free. Find out more in our Athletes who may be tested zone